Sonntag, 20. Juli 2008

Alsterrun

Today was the 1st and maybe last Sunday in Hamburg when the people were able to go rollerblading for few hours around the Alster. More exactly directly on the main road around the river. From 12.30 until 15.30 at any point you could have joined the other 'runners' and go hand in hand.. or wheel to wheel for a distance of 8km.
At one point on the way you could have stopped to make a small donation in exchange for an wristband (bracelet) 'Alsterrunde Skating Hamburg' and a Bionade.

At the beginning it was a little hard cause it has been a while since i've put my rollerblades in my feet. (I will see tomorrow if I can move properly :P). After a while it started raining so I got a little scared cause i was on the track for not more than 10 min.. but as usual it didn't last long and the sun reappeared over the Alster river.

The event was made in collaboration with the Hochbahn - Hamburg's public transportation system - in the sense that the citizens were invited to leave their cars at home and use either the bus or sbahn. Everything for the environment. :)

To remember the event I took some pictures.

One gorgeous city..

This is a memorable moment. I don't think i will catch a similar one again. Skating in the middle of Kennedy bridge in HH, the bridge which separates the Binnenalster (small Alster) from the Aussenalster (big Alster).

Modern times. And yeees.. he was faster. (I think i should search for new skates :P)

Everybody on skates.

More infos: Alsterrun

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen