Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2008

My new home - Moving issues

In the middle of September '07 I had to move. Many people said i was lucky for moving 'internally', as the people who own the dorms here in HH like to say. More exactly from the 3rd to the 1st floor. Why? Every international student who wants to stay in a dorm books the room, before coming to HH, only for 1 year. After this year everybody has to move out and start searching (preferably 2 months in advance) for another room... in private this time. I got to know from my friends who had been in this situation that this takes time, a bag of nerves and brings them up to discover the city while looking for the address of the person who's renting a room.
I 'skipped' this phase. I moved from a rectangular to an oval room. :) New apartment. New room. New flatmates. New habits. New rules.
My new flatmates?
1 Russian guy (I) - a bit lazy. He wouldn’t mind for sure as he was the one who told me that one day:
He: 'Are u clean?'
I(shocked):'What do u mean?'
He: 'No no... I wanted to ask if u like to clean. Bcs if u do, u can share the bathroom with me and M, bcs we are a little lazy and you would like to clean.' WTH???
1 Cameroonian guy (M) - pretty young. He gets along with I very good.
1 Vietnamese guy (Ph) - I don’t have too much contact with him. But i talk pretty much with his GF, Ha, who is studying in a city close to HH. She is always except WEs here. A nice girl. Very ordered.
1 Russian girl (O) - who was here for 3 years and moved last week. (Soon another face is coming). Nice girl. Quiet. Didn’t like to party.

My new contract is different. I was bothered by the fact that I didn’t have curtains (Thanks to my dear friend, SSG - my former flatmate, i have an orange one now :D). But the worst thing it was the dirty room. Took me (and Chris, as he was here to support me) 2-3 days to put everything in order.
Only 1 incident is worth to be mentioned: while cleaning the lampshade fell. Didn’t buy a new one until now as we don’t find one to match. :D

On the 15th I 'celebrated' 4 months since i am in this new room. Wow.
I remember very clearly I's first remark, just after the traditional 'Hallo!': 'I hope u are going to stay longer that the last guy who lived in ur room!' :)))))))))))) 'Hello to u too, I'

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen