Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008

Kulturstadt HH

Last Sunday, bcs the weather didn't want to play on our side and let me share with it the joy of 30 people going to ice skating, I was forced to make a backup plan: Ice Skating => Cinema Evening. The fact that half of the people on the original Ice Skating list dropped out didn't stop me from going with the other half to the movies.
The choices: I am Legend ( Too bad for Will Smith. He is a pretty good actor), Eastern Promises ( A movie that was promising something but turned out to be only that) and PS: I love you ( I didn't get to see the movie bcs nobody else wanted to see it. And to let it out on the open. I wouldn't have seen it bcs it is a romantic comedy but bcs i like Hilary Swank ).

---

Yday after basketball ( now every Tue and Fday eve ) I went with Chris to the theater. It was "Richard the III"'s night. Good that the poor Shakespeare doesn't live anymore. He could have easily become insane seeing what these modern times are doing to his pieces of art.
I am a little exaggerating now, as the actors were pretty good. Only Shakespeare's English caused some problems.

<< „Richard III“ – Premiere von den University Players - Die University Players der Universität Hamburg zeigen William Shakespeares Historiendrama in englischer Sprache „Richard III“ vom 22. bis 26. Januar und 28. Januar bis 2. Februar 2008" >>

---

Today i switched from English to German.
Tonight's performance: 'Die Kameliendame' (The Lady of the Camellias ) by Alexandre Dumas, fils.

Negative points:
- Got 20 min later. Grrr. Well it would have been tragic if i wouldn't have known the play.
- The lady at the entrance didn't check our tickets anymore. Should i have spent the money then? (She told us: U have to sit in the back now as the play already started. Crap. Who says i cannot go on the side till the front?! :D ).
- 2 Euros for wardrobe. Wth? I pay 5 Euros for the ticket and 2 for wardrobe? Grrrrrr.
- During the play 3 actors stripped. Yeah yeah. Everybody read correctly. They were naked. Why?! i asked myself. Modern art? Bad actors who needed something more to make the play more "interesting"? Wasn't needed. But we are in HH and Reeperbahn is a leitmotiv.

Positive points:
- Very nice play. Sad story but the actors were so good that i felt i was taking part at their story being written/confessed, i was a witness to their emotions.
- I understood it. :D:D May be the most important aspect. I am kind of.. proud of myself. There was a short moment when i detached myself from the play and smiled thinking that i am actually laughing and crying in.. "German".

---

Next week another try: " Der Geizige " ( L'Avare ) by Moliere. Anxious ab it. Am i going to see another modern representation with who knows some more naked people? :))))

Wish us all a cultural week.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen